RCKLog is a comprehensive logging program for SSB, CW and RTTY contesting with features for rig control and real-time packet operation.
RCKLog is a feature-rich program providing maximum data security for your log. It is designed for single-operator to multi-multi contest stations.
RCKLog runs under Windows 98*/ME*/NT/2000/XP/Vista/7/8 (* = with restrictions).
A minimum PC speed of 800 MHz and screen resolution of 1024x768 is recommended.
You do not need to be a registered user to try out the software.
The only limitation with unregistered copies of RCKLog is the number of QSO's which can be logged.
Supported Transceiver control:
- Kenwood (all)
- Elecraft K2, K3
- ICOM (all)
- JST (all)
- PowerSDR (FlexRadio and other)
- TEN-TEC: Argonaut V, Orion
- Yaesu FT-DX 9000, FT-2000, FT-1000MP, FT-1000D, FT-1000, FT-990, FT-950, FT-920, FT-900, FT-897, FT-890, FT-857, FT-847, FT-840, FT-817, FT-767, FT-450, FT-100
- Via a SCS-PTC-II controller: Kenwood, ICOM, Yaesu
- Transverter control with 28MHz ZF
DX-Cluster connection via:
- TNC's with Terminal-Mode or WA8DED Hostmode (The Firmware)
- Telnet TCP/IP, Internet
Supported RTTY, BPSK Hardware:
- PC Soundcard
- SCS - PTC-II, PTC.....
- PTT and CW keying through COM and LPT ports (parallel port pin assignments like are similar to CT or TR and other logging programs).
- CW support for normal and electronic keyers as well as a CW Keyboard Mode.
- Extensive audio messages can be sent via a soundcard using simple WAV files (Auto-CQing, QSL 73 CQ de ..., etc.)
- Control of DVK (Digital Voise Keyer) units via the LPT port.
- Possibility to control the CAT and PTT of a transceiver with only one COM-port of a computer (e.g. notebook).
- Multilingual program support:
German, English, French, Czech, Italian, Russian, Spanish, Ukrainian,
Swedish, Slovenian and Dutch languages are available.
- The Windows help file has been written in both English and German.
- Automatic Internet Update of the program and setup files.
- Full, partial and N+1 call searching using the "Master.dat" database with color-coded results.
- Separate windows can display all possible multipliers listed by band (e.g. States, Provinces, Zones, DXCC, DOK's ....)
- Connect to DX Clusters with filtering for DX spots via Telnet or a TNC.
- RCKLog can grab DX spots by setting your radio to the proper frequency and inputting the spot information in your log with a simple keyboard command.
- Multiple band maps can be opened simultaneously to see what is happening on more than one band.
- Special list for available multipliers and QSO’s incomming from a DX-cluster.
- Graphical overview with QSO rates of a contest session.
- All bands from 160m - 70cm are supported.
- Online scoring for all bands and for each single band can be displayed siumtanously.
- Full mouse and keyboard support (keyboard commands are similar to those of the CT contest program).
- Customized S&P and RUN modes with a fast QSO logging mode for running stations.
- Callsigns may be corrected in the CW buffer in real-time even after a CW transmission has begun.
- Frequency/band can be read from the transceiver.
- Frequency/band control over transceiver
- Transverter for 2m or 70cm control if a 28MHz ZF is used and the TRX is PC-controlled (frequency/band read/set).
- All necessary contest reports and statistics are generated automatically.
- Logs can be exported in the Cabrillo and STF log formats along with the special log entry formats of supported contests.
- Single-Op Two Radio (SO2R) operation or Multi-Multi station operation with up to 12 networked stations.
- Network monitoring window displaying logged QSO's, Band, Frequency, Mode, and RUN/S&P status of every station in the network.
- Network Talk window to exchange messages between the network stations.
- Special networking option which allow to connect up to 12 stations together via the Internet.
- S&P and Running modes with advanced features.
- Fully programmable function key messages.
- Separate message configurations can be saved for CW and SSB modes.
- Real-time DXCC, country, WPX, CQ zone, ITU zone lookups with local time display with use of a CTY.DAT file.
- Beam heading display oo all countrys, with individualized call area lookup W, VE, VK, JA, ZL (e.g. W1, VE2, W6, ...).
- Post Contest Mode with many special functions.
- Displayed distances to other stations in either kilometers or miles.
- Automatic CQ generation with user-defined timing and text for all modes separately.
- Quick real-time editing of the last 10 logged QSO's in the main operation window (you do not have to exit the program).
- Advanced edit, sort, and print functions for log files.
- Import/export log files from ASCII/ADIF.
- Each QSO can be sent to the printer during a contest.
- Calculated operating hours display on the main log form.
- Sound alarm for incoming DX spots from the packet cluster.
- Interface to the RAC and Buckmaster CD-ROM callbooks with automatic import of callsign data e.g. state or name.
- Full management of QTC traffic for the WAEDC Contest with online/offline QTC input, editing, automatic scoring, and variable sent texts for CW and SSB modes. All major and many minor features for this fine contest are available.
- Online web logging - sent save QSO's in real-time to EQSL.
- WinKey by K1EL (external CW keyer).
- Full support of the “USB micro Keyer” from microHAM, OM7ZZ.
- Support of a SAMS Antenna-Tuner via a COM-Port.
- Full SO2R - Support in all available modes.
RTTY main features:
- Look at a >>> Screen Shot <<< for the first impression.
- Full mouse support, single mouse click operation.
- Colored displayed callsigns for DUPE, Multiplier, already worked and normal QSO (self configurable).
- Automatic call sign detection and correction in receiving text using the “Master.cal” file specially for RTTY.
- Automatic callsign detection and transfer to the QSO-fields.
- Single mouse click on received call transfers same into call field and allows "simultaneous" sending of a user defined text depending on RUN or S&P mode.
- Single mouse click on received text transfers same into QSO-fields
- Font type, font size and font color for each program window selectable.
- The soundcard operation will be done with the very good software modules MMVARI and MMTTY from Mr. Mako Mori.