• /// x-108.com in a new style
    /// After more than 4 years it was time to update the forum to the latest version. We also decided on a new design...

X-108 Info Hamlib issues. (1 Viewer)

DD5LP

Crack-Boarder
X-108 Member
Punkte Reaktionen
Website
www.vk2ji.com
Verified User
YES
Rufzeichen/Call
DD5LP
Is anyone using a piece of software that relies on Hamlib to do the serial (CAT) control of the X108-G ?
One example is WSJT-x for FT8 mode.

I have this working but after about 5 minutes with everything decoding fine, a popup comes from Hamlib saying it can't communicate with the rig. If I clear this it's fine for about another 2 minutes and then comes up again. I have tried different speed / byte / stop bit settings - I feel that the problem occurs less often at a higher comm speed but I'm not sure. Sometimes the only way to clear the error is to turn the X108G off and on again.

I am using PTT via the PTT connection in the mini-din Aux plug and while there appears to be a delay between the PC telling the rig to Tx and it actually happening, it does work - but messes up FT8's timing. I would switch to using the CAT command for PTT as well as frequency control and signal strength reporting but while Hamlib keeps dropping the connection, that's not a good solution.

Are we sure that the X-108G emulates an IC-7000 or is there a better choice in the list of rigs supported by Hamlib?

I have not tried rig control using HRD as I'd like to run FT8 and for that I need WSJT-x, which in turn needs HamLib.

73 Ed DD5LP.

DD5LP

Crack-Boarder
X-108 Member
Punkte Reaktionen
Website
www.vk2ji.com
Verified User
YES
Rufzeichen/Call
DD5LP
Hmm, found the error with the help of another ham on this reflector. Don't use the IC-7000 model when there is a Xiegi X108G further down in the radio list - Doh!

All works fine after that change.

Ed DD5LP.

Users who are viewing this thread

Oben
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks