FAQ Need schematics for x-108G

Discussion in 'Old-Posts' started by fstkmaro, Mar 25, 2016.

1. fstkmaro

fstkmaro Beginner X-108 Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 1 / -0
    Hello, I am happy to have found this forum. I just recently purchased a 108 indoor version. It seems to me that this is a typical 32bit processor based radio, probably a STM32 type of processor. I was wondering if there were any schematics published for this radio. The reason I want to find out is to explore the possibility to replace the stock display or find a way to enhance its brightness. It is very dim as it is and can benefit from a little more light on it.
    I find the radio performs a bit well however I noticed some type of RF or TX feedback on the radio. I read about poor internal grounding which I will check to see if it could be corrected.
    I own several other radios such as the 817ND, LD-5 and ELAD FDM-DUO, I purchased this one more as a rugged alternative to the other radios I own. The receive appears to be fine with this radio.
    Anyways, thanks for letting me in and I will appreciate any help in finding the schematics for it.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  2. DO7PSL

DO7PSL Crack-Boarder Staff Member X-108 Member Moderator

Home page:
    Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    Verified User:
    YES
    Rufzeichen/Call:
    DO7PSL
    hi fstkmaro,

thx for your first post.

I unfortunately have not found any schematics either, not even from the xiegu-support. sorry i was not able to help you at the moment. if i cross by with an appropriate schematics i will post it here under the resource-node. please check the forum from time to time

3. SP2ONG

SP2ONG Beginner X-108 Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Verified User:
    YES
    Rufzeichen/Call:
    SP2ONG
    I have found digram of X108G. You can find in attachents

73 Waldek

Attached Files:

4. fstkmaro

fstkmaro Beginner X-108 Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 1 / -0
    Thank you DO7PSL and SP2ONG for the help on this. I will review the files, there could be a chance to add an external display. 73 de WA1JIM

5. eysum

eysum Beginner X-108 Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Rufzeichen/Call:
    wa3ylc
    This schematic is very useful but it appears to be not 100% complete. I own a dead X-108G which I am troubleshooting. The schematic for local oscillator for the receiver and transmitter mixer and BFO oscillator is missing. There is a tiny plug-in board (which contains the all the oscillators and associated on-board voltage regulators) attached to the small signal board. On my X-108G the oscillators are not functioning.

Perhaps a more complete schematic will show up.

6. Narendra

Narendra Beginner X-108 Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Rufzeichen/Call:
    Narendra
    This schematic is block diagram, not detailed, found in service manual