• /// x-108.com in a new style
    /// After more than 4 years it was time to update the forum to the latest version. We also decided on a new design...

X-108 Info Reebooting (1 Viewer)

Kaj Svanbäck

Beginner
X-108 Member
Punkte Reaktionen
Rufzeichen/Call
OH2EVF
Hi I have a X-108 (indoor version) after update the rig is reebooting when I using PTT ???? and NO RX what so ever.

Now I have tryed to contact Xiegu and got one answer in about 2 weeks and question "where have you orderd this radio from"

I replayed the mail and told them Its from E-bay and the rig worked before, this was about a month ago no more help/support or even contact!!!!! maybe this is chinese customer service.

Now I have try to put the old file back and in all frustation I lost the whole orginal file from the rig (delete)

Can someone help me out about this and also feel free to send a copy of the file thats in the radio (the folder name and dot something)

73 de OH2EVF

Feel free to send it to 0h2evf@gmail.com as ZIP file but put somethin in the end .nop .kop and I change back to ZIP :)

DD5LP

Crack-Boarder
X-108 Member
Punkte Reaktionen
Website
www.vk2ji.com
Verified User
YES
Rufzeichen/Call
DD5LP
Xiegu have a firm policy of giving advice via email but when it looks as if a repair is needed, this must be handled through the dealer you bought it through. I have the same problem having bought what was an unused but 2 month old X108G second hand from a private seller - Xiegu will not give any support for what I believe is a faulty OLED display, that cannot be set to be visible when the rig is used outside (and this is the outdoor version). Do Xiegu still make the indoor version? I thought all recent models were the outside one (not that the difference is too great from what I can find out).

As well as the old firmware file (there are links to various versions on this forum) you will also need the complete configuration settings, including those from the advanced menu. I hope you backed those up (or wrote them out), before trying to do a firmware upgrade as they are different for each unit. If these settings are wrong you could well get the problems that you describe.

Some people have posted their settings on this forum, but you'd have to be very lucky is those work on your particular unit, but they might at least get your rig working again, so that you can then go through and calibrate the unit.

73 Ed.

FrankRSD

Beginner
X-108 Member
Punkte Reaktionen
Rufzeichen/Call
K7RSD
I recently purchased an X-108G and the noise blanker produced a loud squeal when it was turned on. It didn't matter if it was in selection 1,2 or 3. Other than that, the radio worked well. I emailed the seller and was told to download the latest firmware. My radio had firmware dated April 2018. I downloaded the 'latest firmware' from their site and burned it, and the date on that software was December 2016. The radio did not work after that burn and I asked for the firmware dated April 2018. No reply from the company. I returned the radio. I did NOT write down the Tech settings but will make sure that is done on the replacement radio I just ordered. As has been noted, it's difficult to tell (impossible?) which firmware number is most current. I won't try updating firmware in this next radio unless I'm somehow positive it's actually an update version.

Kaj Svanbäck

Beginner
X-108 Member
Punkte Reaktionen
Rufzeichen/Call
OH2EVF
Xiegu have a firm policy of giving advice via email but when it looks as if a repair is needed, this must be handled through the dealer you bought it through. I have the same problem having bought what was an unused but 2 month old X108G second hand from a private seller - Xiegu will not give any support for what I believe is a faulty OLED display, that cannot be set to be visible when the rig is used outside (and this is the outdoor version). Do Xiegu still make the indoor version? I thought all recent models were the outside one (not that the difference is too great from what I can find out).

As well as the old firmware file (there are links to various versions on this forum) you will also need the complete configuration settings, including those from the advanced menu. I hope you backed those up (or wrote them out), before trying to do a firmware upgrade as they are different for each unit. If these settings are wrong you could well get the problems that you describe.

Some people have posted their settings on this forum, but you'd have to be very lucky is those work on your particular unit, but they might at least get your rig working again, so that you can then go through and calibrate the unit.

73 Ed.

Hi Ed

Thank you for the replay

I understund that Xiegu not want to give any support on my rig I have everything ok in the soft menu but I deleted the folder where to put the firmware....

I do not now what to name folder and what kind of end

like temp.exe for example.

Feel free to send what to do !!

73.de Kaj OH2EVF

DD5LP

Crack-Boarder
X-108 Member
Punkte Reaktionen
Website
www.vk2ji.com
Verified User
YES
Rufzeichen/Call
DD5LP

Users who are viewing this thread

Oben
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks