• /// x-108.com in a new style
    /// After more than 4 years it was time to update the forum to the latest version. We also decided on a new design...

X-108 Info Tough radio (1 Viewer)

andrew.b.rudd

Beginner
X-108 Member
Punkte Reaktionen
Rufzeichen/Call
KM4TTS
Tough little radio. Was operating WSPR using WSJT-X with rig control in effect Sunday morning. Everything going great. Two spots from the South Pole. Heard by me.

Left about 9:30 for church with computer on and WSPRX running in WSPR mode. When I returned from church I checked the station and noticed I had about 15 transmissions and no collected spots. In the course of investigating I felt the radio and it was so hot I could not keep my hand on it and it was transmitting although the software showed receiving.. Immediately disengaged the Signal Link USB to halt transmit.

Let the radio cool while I ate lunch and came back and turned it on and everything was normal. (whew!!)

Been operating WSPR 4 days now with no further problems but I unplugged the usb cable and disabled rig control.

Two conclusions; the x108g is a tough radio and don't trust rig control in WSTJ-X. I had run away tx set for 3 minutes but it didn't intervene.

Hope this info helps someone else avoid this glitch.

Illusi0ns

Professional-Boarder
X-108 Member
Punkte Reaktionen
Verified User
YES
Rufzeichen/Call
Vk3fail
from what i seen inside transistors ceramic paste aluminium plate half a cm thick then more paste then case, kinda like those cheap 100watt amps on ebay where the transistors are pasted to the sink

Users who are viewing this thread

Oben
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks