• /// x-108.com in a new style
    /// After more than 4 years it was time to update the forum to the latest version. We also decided on a new design...

FAQ firmare Xiegu X108G S/N xg000230 (1 Viewer)

F5SHN Marc

Junior Boarder
X-108 Member
Top Poster Of Month
Punkte Reaktionen
Rufzeichen/Call
F5SHN
Guten Morgen
Ich habe eine xiegu (X108G) Seriennummer xg000230, die interne Batterie ist kaputt, wie kann ich diese Batterie wechseln, danke

DD5LP

Crack-Boarder
X-108 Member
Punkte Reaktionen
Website
www.vk2ji.com
Verified User
YES
Rufzeichen/Call
DD5LP
Hello Marc,
The first point you will find unexpectedly is that the Button cell in the X108 is not in a holder as shown in the service manual picture, rather it has solder tags on it and has to be desoldered and removed and then the new one soldered in. Do not try to solder wires onto a normal button cell, the metal is not designed to be soldered to and when you get it hot enough to solder, you will have destroyed the battery inside (don't ask me how I know). So before you start you will need to source the correct battery replacement (I found a supplier in Austria) it needs to be a rechargeable cell with solder tags. Then when you take the radio apart be very, very, very careful with the inter-connecting mini-coax leads. You may think that you can simply unplug them and then reconnect them but Xiegu in their wisdom soldered them to the socket on the board and if you try too hard to unplug the non-visible ones you will most likely rip the socket out of the board (again, don't ask).
I've attached the instructions on how to get to the advanced menu and the service manual to this post.

Something else BEFORE you start this operation go through the advanced menu and write down the calibration information for the radio as once you remove the old battery it will be lost and often the default values that it will start up with after the new battery is fitted are not "near enough" meaning frequency calibration of the radio will be off.

73 Ed DD5LP.

Anhänge

• xiegu-x108standard-advanced-settings.pdf
    60,4 KB · Aufrufe: 6
  • X108G Service ManualV1.00.0 .pdf
    2,4 MB · Aufrufe: 5

F5SHN Marc

Junior Boarder
X-108 Member
Top Poster Of Month
Punkte Reaktionen
Rufzeichen/Call
F5SHN
Good morning

Thank you for your response and your valuable advice.
I have another problem on this Xiegu 108, I am looking for the original firmware, currently the Xiegu is working in reception by pressing the PTT it receives for 3 seconds and after that no more reception possible
Do you have any idea of the problem, with thanks
Mark

DD5LP

Crack-Boarder
X-108 Member
Punkte Reaktionen
Website
www.vk2ji.com
Verified User
YES
Rufzeichen/Call
DD5LP
Good morning

Thank you for your response and your valuable advice.
I have another problem on this Xiegu 108, I am looking for the original firmware, currently the Xiegu is working in reception by pressing the PTT it receives for 3 seconds and after that no more reception possible
Do you have any idea of the problem, with thanks
Mark
Hi Mark,
That is a low serial number, so you are probably correct to look for the original version's firmware - but first, I presume you have tried a factory reset? This problem could easily be related to the dead battery that you wish to replace because a lot of settings are held in CMOS memory and if the battery voltage is low (even when the radio is powered on sometimes) the data can be corrupted.
Please try a factory reset, if then the radio seems to work as it should but later the problem comes back - it is the battery and you don't need to reload the firmware.

A replacement battery is on the way to you in the post. (I still had some spares).
73 Ed DD5LP

F5SHN Marc

Junior Boarder
X-108 Member
Top Poster Of Month
Punkte Reaktionen
Rufzeichen/Call
F5SHN
Thank you for your response, I think like you that it is the battery, but before opening it I try all the solutions.
one more question how to do a factory reset?

With my 73's

DD5LP

Crack-Boarder
X-108 Member
Punkte Reaktionen
Website
www.vk2ji.com
Verified User
YES
Rufzeichen/Call
DD5LP
Thank you for your response, I think like you that it is the battery, but before opening it I try all the solutions.
one more question how to do a factory reset?

With my 73's
OK, actions as follows:
In the shutdown state, press and hold the F1 key on the host and turn on (note, do
until the screen displays the data of the engineering menu.
NOW BEFORE YOU DO ANYTHING ELSE! WRITE DOWN ALL THE VALUES DISPLAYED!
Now press the RST option and then turn off and restart the radio.

Hopefully the radio works now but the frequency is possibly off a little, so now repeat the process and enter back in the long numbers and this time select SAY rather than RST and restart the radio.

73 Ed

F5SHN Marc

Junior Boarder
X-108 Member
Top Poster Of Month
Punkte Reaktionen
Rufzeichen/Call
F5SHN
I carried out the procedure but the result is still the same
I will try to replace the battery
with my 73's Marc

Tflynn6693

Beginner
X-108 Member
Punkte Reaktionen
Rufzeichen/Call
AE5NF
Guten Morgen
Ich habe eine xiegu (X108G) Seriennummer xg000230, die interne Batterie ist kaputt, wie kann ich diese Batterie wechseln, danke
I am not sure if you will get this reply because I have not been able to figure out how to get accepted to this group. Maybe hop on my left leg and touch my nose. So I will try again.... The battery you seek canot be shipped overseas. sort of like the X5105 batteries being only available in the EU... I have included a screen shot of the batteries order numbers which may help you locate one in Europe. I have also included pictures of the battery (I changed mine).

If you are willing to experiment, try finding a very low current rechargeable, near same fit/form and put it in. It's just a memory battery used to keep the clock running when the radio is off.

Does anyone think a small 3.7V super cap won't work? My bet is, sure it will.

Another place to look is in parts for fluke multimeters they also have small rechargeable.

Good luck

Tom AE5NF (prior DA1FL)

Anhänge

• battery for x108.png
    battery for x108.png
    37,7 KB · Aufrufe: 2
  • X108 battery.zip
    574,7 KB · Aufrufe: 2

F5SHN Marc

Junior Boarder
X-108 Member
Top Poster Of Month
Punkte Reaktionen
Rufzeichen/Call
F5SHN
Hello Tom
Thank you for your response, I found the same model in France, I am waiting for delivery

difficult to communicate with this forum

73's Marc

F5SHN Marc

Junior Boarder
X-108 Member
Top Poster Of Month
Punkte Reaktionen
Rufzeichen/Call
F5SHN
Hello Ed
I received the battery for the 108 and I thank you
I will soon replace it on the device.
With my 73's Marc

F5SHN Marc

Junior Boarder
X-108 Member
Top Poster Of Month
Punkte Reaktionen
Rufzeichen/Call
F5SHN
Hello Marc,
The first point you will find unexpectedly is that the Button cell in the X108 is not in a holder as shown in the service manual picture, rather it has solder tags on it and has to be desoldered and removed and then the new one soldered in. Do not try to solder wires onto a normal button cell, the metal is not designed to be soldered to and when you get it hot enough to solder, you will have destroyed the battery inside (don't ask me how I know). So before you start you will need to source the correct battery replacement (I found a supplier in Austria) it needs to be a rechargeable cell with solder tags. Then when you take the radio apart be very, very, very careful with the inter-connecting mini-coax leads. You may think that you can simply unplug them and then reconnect them but Xiegu in their wisdom soldered them to the socket on the board and if you try too hard to unplug the non-visible ones you will most likely rip the socket out of the board (again, don't ask).
I've attached the instructions on how to get to the advanced menu and the service manual to this post.

Something else BEFORE you start this operation go through the advanced menu and write down the calibration information for the radio as once you remove the old battery it will be lost and often the default values that it will start up with after the new battery is fitted are not "near enough" meaning frequency calibration of the radio will be off.

73 Ed DD5LP.
Hello Ed
With my 73's Marc

F5SHN Marc

Junior Boarder
X-108 Member
Top Poster Of Month
Punkte Reaktionen
Rufzeichen/Call
F5SHN
Hi Mark,
That is a low serial number, so you are probably correct to look for the original version's firmware - but first, I presume you have tried a factory reset? This problem could easily be related to the dead battery that you wish to replace because a lot of settings are held in CMOS memory and if the battery voltage is low (even when the radio is powered on sometimes) the data can be corrupted.
Please try a factory reset, if then the radio seems to work as it should but later the problem comes back - it is the battery and you don't need to reload the firmware.

A replacement battery is on the way to you in the post. (I still had some spares).
73 Ed DD5

Hi Mark,

73 Ed DD5LP
Hello Ed
With my 73's Marc

Users who are viewing this thread

Oben
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks