• /// x-108.com in a new style
    /// After more than 4 years it was time to update the forum to the latest version. We also decided on a new design...

FAQ Buttons Won't Work (1 Viewer)

Don W

Beginner
X-108 Member
Punkte Reaktionen
Rufzeichen/Call
N4ECM
The four buttons just to the right of the display on my X108G outdoor are not working as they should. The top one quit altogether and the second one is very intermittent.

Any ideas on how to fix this? I took the front panel off and see the blue rubber buttons with some kind of hard object inside to make contact with the contacts on the board. Looks kinda cheap to say the least.

Thanks for any ideas.
Don, N4ECM

Paul Pate

Beginner
X-108 Member
Punkte Reaktionen
Rufzeichen/Call
WA8OOM
I found on Amazon, Pens with conductive ink. When front face plate is disassembled. use an alcohol pad and clean the PCB surfaces where the buttons make contact. Carefully clean all the button surfaces. Inside each button, draw a fine line of conductive ink on the raised area inside. Let ink dry thoroughly. Clean off any excess ink from bottom of button. reassemble and all buttons should work.

Don W

Beginner
X-108 Member
Punkte Reaktionen
Rufzeichen/Call
N4ECM
Thanks Paul. That sounds like it's worth a try. I thought about sticking aluminum foil to it, but I didn't like that idea too much. This sounds like it could do the job, at least for a while. I haven't been very active lately since I've been busy with family matters, but when I get this done, I'll post whether it worked or not. Thanks again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Oben
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks