• /// x-108.com in a new style
    /// After more than 4 years it was time to update the forum to the latest version. We also decided on a new design...

FAQ cannot update firmware on my Outdoor Edition (1 Viewer)

flashrom

Junior Boarder
X-108 Member
Punkte Reaktionen
Verified User
YES
Rufzeichen/Call
ve7et
I have an outdoor edition, w/ serial number CXG110xx , that I bought from Radioddity years ago.

Trying to update the firmware to the FW 2.00.0 Build 10 , and everything seemed to have gone well. But upon rebooting, it still shows 1.00.03a and the 2016 year.

Upon checking the menu, the SWR function is not there (there is a conflicting info as to some said the 2.00 fw added the function, while another person said it's gone after updating, so it's confusing, but I am using this method to second check if my update worked or not.)

I also added the "unplug power cord" in my third try (which I doubt, as the power switch seems to be a hardware switch), from another tip I read, no diff.

The only thing I am not sure is if I have an OLED model,, but I definitely have an Outdoor Edition model, with the extra legs. The serial number starts w/ 1, and it's not w/in that special range that is the exception either (see above).

It booted ok and the radio is working, but just couldn't get the FW to update, not a big deal, but still, I wonder why so many owners did it ok, and mine couldn't. I am the original new owner, so I am sure the radio was not tempered with before.

thanks!

flashrom

Junior Boarder
X-108 Member
Punkte Reaktionen
Verified User
YES
Rufzeichen/Call
ve7et
I found out the answer after watching a YouTube video very carefully and I caught what FW version that YouTuber used to get the SWR function. Turned out it is not the same version as posted on this board, which is 2.00.0 build 010, but rather 2.00.1 build 006. I found it on a different website (since it's a reseller website I am not sure if I can post the link here), and I finally got the SWR function.

To add confusion, here is what I found to have the corresponding fw info on the boot up screen, and I think it is using a different (internal?) fw version numbering, I guess aligned w/ the non Outdoor Edition model, so before:

My radio showed: 1.00.3a , year 2016, when I thought I had 2.00.0 build 010
Now, after the update, my radio shows: 1.00.4 , year 2017, now I have 2.00.1 build 006

So Xiegu really confuses us here, using inconsistent internal and file version numbering method, at least for the Outdoor Edition, They are crazy!

I tested the SWR scan on a dummy load and it seems to work. It outputs a small power level, but my external meter isn't accurate enough to know exactly how much, looks like about 0.5 W or so to me.

So my new question is: why hasn't this board been uploaded this newer firmware for the community? Is there some kind of serious bugs so only 2.00.0 build 010 is preferred? I have not read any of such, although I didn't read all the threads here (but I read many).

And also the pinned thread w/ the firmware and other info, had even older versions on the OP's post, only later in the thread were posted w/ newer versions, which is quite different than most discussion forums out there, when the OP was kept updated to have the latest info, if not the 2nd post below (think xda developers etc). Not a criticism here, but I think it'll be easier, unless there is another FAQ or files section in the board / site here.

Thanks

Dhruv Arvind

Beginner
X-108 Member
Punkte Reaktionen
Rufzeichen/Call
M7VUX
I have an outdoor edition, w/ serial number CXG110xx , that I bought from Radioddity years ago.

Trying to update the firmware to the FW 2.00.0 Build 10 , and everything seemed to have gone well. But upon rebooting, it still shows 1.00.03a and the 2016 year.

Upon checking the menu, the SWR function is not there (there is a conflicting info as to some said the 2.00 fw added the function, while another person said it's gone after updating, so it's confusing, but I am using this method to second check if my update worked or not.)

I also added the "unplug power cord" in my third try (which I doubt, as the power switch seems to be a hardware switch), from another tip I read, no diff.

The only thing I am not sure is if I have an OLED model,, but I definitely have an Outdoor Edition model, with the extra legs. The serial number starts w/ 1, and it's not w/in that special range that is the exception either (see above).

It booted ok and the radio is working, but just couldn't get the FW to update, not a big deal, but still, I wonder why so many owners did it ok, and mine couldn't. I am the original new owner, so I am sure the radio was not tempered with before.

thanks!

--

Are there any strict criteria to distinguish between indoor and outdoor model? I can't see much difference apart from screen brightness.

Wondering if any one can also help with above question?

Dhruv Arvind

Beginner
X-108 Member
Punkte Reaktionen
Rufzeichen/Call
M7VUX
Also, I am looking for handlebars for portable rig as have lost them whilst moving from old QTH. Please do let me know if you know anyone who is looking to sell.

Users who are viewing this thread

Oben
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks