• /// x-108.com in a new style
    /// After more than 4 years it was time to update the forum to the latest version. We also decided on a new design...

FAQ Cheap pop up front leg found at Oomomo Japan Living (1 Viewer)

flashrom

Junior Boarder
X-108 Member
Punkte Reaktionen
Verified User
YES
Rufzeichen/Call
ve7et
A few days ago I was at our local Oomomo store (think of it as a Japanese dollar shop kind of place), and found this item (called "Laptop Stand (fordable / portable)", item number 4965534 109871) for CAD $2.75 + taxes, in Richmond, BC, Canada.

It came as a pair in one package (of above), as it's meant for putting them near the bottom rear area , near the corners of a typical laptop. It folds flat when not in use, and folds out slightly over 90 deg, with a small tuck with your finger tip (there is a small notch for your finger nail). I placed it near the bottom front of my X108G and G90, and only used one per radio (you can use 2 if you want). The reason for slightly over 90 deg is that it will not fold back to it's other position when pushed (like on a laptop), and it's quite solid at that position.

The double sided tape that came w/ the package is rather weak, not sure if it's b/c it has been made too long ago, or it's just not the best double sided tape, so I switched to my own after finding it not very secured on the radio's case. No problem, I have various other tapes to use. Otherwise, it works very well.

The item is made in Japan (not all Oomomo products are made in Japan, but 90% of them are sourced from the same source that supply the Japanese market, including labelling etc, while some items would get English text on the labels, but don't count on it.). It seems well made and the hinge seems solid and it clicks in place just near the 90 deg angle.

It gives about 1" higher on the front side of the radio, which seems ok enough for me. When folded flat, it only takes up about 2 to 3mm thickness on the bottom of the radio, which to me is not a problem.

The colour is black, and it blends well with the radio. It's made of some kind of plastic and doesn't feel too flimsy. I think it's a great find. I recall someone mentioned that a similar product was found at some dollar shop before, but I forgot which store they mentioned.

I bought a few more so I can use them on other devices: laptops, other radios, etc.

I have no affliation with Oomomo and I am just a regular customer there. They did have some promotion recently which was nice.

Cheers,
David
VE7ET

flashrom

Junior Boarder
X-108 Member
Punkte Reaktionen
Verified User
YES
Rufzeichen/Call
ve7et
Here is a pic I took w/ them right side up and upside down:

Anhänge

• laptop_legs.jpg
    laptop_legs.jpg
    118,1 KB · Aufrufe: 3

Users who are viewing this thread

Oben
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks