• /// x-108.com in a new style
    /// After more than 4 years it was time to update the forum to the latest version. We also decided on a new design...

FAQ Function Buttons - quit working. (1 Viewer)

Seadog

Beginner
X-108 Member
Punkte Reaktionen
Rufzeichen/Call
NS0V
Just wondering if anyone has any insight into how to repair the function buttons on the front panel of the X108G (outdoor). It seems that all buttons are still functioning except F2.

Zuletzt bearbeitet:

Seadog

Beginner
X-108 Member
Punkte Reaktionen
Rufzeichen/Call
NS0V
Or possibly a work around?

Seadog

Beginner
X-108 Member
Punkte Reaktionen
Rufzeichen/Call
NS0V
OK. I have been playing with this problem (time permitting). At one time I opened the faceplate and removed the blue part of the button and swapped the location of this part to the F4 location. F4 stopped working. What I have determined is that the little blue part of the button (the rubber piece) has stopped working. Apparently it is not making contact as it should. The electronics seem fine. Any idea where I can locate this little blue rubber bit? Lacking that, what makes it work? ...could there be a fix for this?

Chris Wilson

Crack-Boarder
X-108 Member
Punkte Reaktionen
Rufzeichen/Call
VK2NAP
I've used some silver paint on the pads of the ones that dont work and that seems to have sorted them out. They are usable now, and while I can not comment as to how long they will last, the silver seems to stuck to the pads well enough not to scrach off with my nail

Chris Wilson

Crack-Boarder
X-108 Member
Punkte Reaktionen
Rufzeichen/Call
VK2NAP
Just confirming that the silver conductive paint is working for the time being

Users who are viewing this thread

Oben
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks