• /// x-108.com in a new style
    /// After more than 4 years it was time to update the forum to the latest version. We also decided on a new design...

Archive-x-108 How to tell which version of the X108G I have? (1 Viewer)

Greg Hatten

Beginner
X-108 Member
Punkte Reaktionen
Verified User
YES
Rufzeichen/Call
KE4MU
Is there a way to confirm which of the X108G radios that I have. It seems they updated and have several versions of the radio now out being sold. I purchased mine from a ham radio shop in Greece in November 2015. It has a full color screen and shows the following info when you first turn it on. V1.00.3a and June 16, 2015. I purchased it new and it has not had any firmware updates or mods done to the radio as of yet.

DO7PSL

Crack-Boarder
Teammitglied
X-108 Member
Punkte Reaktionen
Country
de
Website
do7psl.de
Verified User
YES
Rufzeichen/Call
DO7PSL
your information listen to after the firmware version in the surrender condition. the color display indicates an x-108G indoor. unless necessity is I would not update the firmware. an update brings in most cases benefits - but things can go wrong during update process

Greg Hatten

Beginner
X-108 Member
Punkte Reaktionen
Verified User
YES
Rufzeichen/Call
KE4MU
Thank you. The radio is working great as it is so I will leave the firmware alone as it is. I am just trying to figure out things about it as there does not seem to be a lot of info on these great little radios. Mine was a dealer demo unit that was never unboxed so it has all the bells and whistles from the listing where I purchased it many months ago. I been trying to figure out the microphone pin out, acc pinout and about the speaker output. I am wanting to use a Signal link USB to try a few of the digital modes.

DO7PSL

Crack-Boarder
Teammitglied
X-108 Member
Punkte Reaktionen
Country
de
Website
do7psl.de
Verified User
YES
Rufzeichen/Call
DO7PSL
ah ok, now i understand your intentions ;) I like the x-108G very well myself have bought 6 months before the x-108G outdoor. Unfortunately, I have not had as much opportunity to work with. Before that I had the X-108 standard. The x-108G Series is however well developed. The device is fun. It is very unfortunate that the support is not great, not many OM possess the equipment and there is little information in the www only. So i hope this forum can help other OMs

Mike68

Beginner
X-108 Member
Punkte Reaktionen
I think I have the same version as you version 0.03a June 16th 2015, and I've heard that there is a bug in CW mode when using an iambic keyer, and that this older firmware generates spurious characters. I don't know whether this particular issue has been corrected in later versions of the indoor model? Obviously, it's only relevant if you plan to use morse with a modern keyer.

SP2ONG

Beginner
X-108 Member
Punkte Reaktionen
Verified User
YES
Rufzeichen/Call
SP2ONG
I have the same version indoor X108G with firmware 1.00.3A June 16 2015 I have looking anybody try update firmware to version:

=====================================================================
Name: Standard version of X108G firmware update_build004
Size: 117.57KB
Date Added: 24/02/2016

======================================================================

Users who are viewing this thread

Oben
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks