• /// x-108.com in a new style
    /// After more than 4 years it was time to update the forum to the latest version. We also decided on a new design...

FAQ X-108G The difference in the sensitivity of the transceiver with different IF filters. (1 Viewer)

Alexandr 2000

Beginner
X-108 Member
Punkte Reaktionen
Rufzeichen/Call
R1CAN
  • Hello everyone I want to ask if anyone has checked the sensitivity of this transceiver with different IF filters? I checked in CW mode with a 2.3kHz 50mkV filter from the generator, the S-meter shows S=9, and when the 0.5kHz filter is turned on, the same signal is determined by the S-meter as S=6. Is it a malfunction? Or is it so on all transceivers? Sensitivity drops on a narrow band of IF.

santana

Beginner
X-108 Member
Punkte Reaktionen
Rufzeichen/Call
GM4BNU
  • Hello everyone I want to ask if anyone has checked the sensitivity of this transceiver with different IF filters? I checked in CW mode with a 2.3kHz 50mkV filter from the generator, the S-meter shows S=9, and when the 0.5kHz filter is turned on, the same signal is determined by the S-meter as S=6. Is it a malfunction? Or is it so on all transceivers? Sensitivity drops on a narrow band of IF.

My rig had virtually nil audio output on the 500hz filter 6khz and 2.3khz were fine--cured by resoldering the connections between the filter pcb and the main pcb(both sides where the projections from the filter pcb come thru on the main pcb.

Alexander

Beginner
X-108 Member
Punkte Reaktionen
Rufzeichen/Call
+79110829
Soldered the connection of the filters to the main board. Didn't solve the problem. Who can tell you where else to look?

Chris Wilson

Crack-Boarder
X-108 Member
Punkte Reaktionen
Rufzeichen/Call
VK2NAP
I mostly use the rig for CW. While the CW filter drops the S meter reading significantly, the signal to noise ratio improves significantly. I tend to give RST reports relative to the base noise, rather than rely on the meter.
I have a Yaesu FT747GX and that knocks an S point off the signal, but again, the noise drops off significantly against the signal
Hope this helps

Users who are viewing this thread

Oben
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks