• /// x-108.com in a new style
    /// After more than 4 years it was time to update the forum to the latest version. We also decided on a new design...

FAQ X108G Firmware (1 Viewer)

Eric S.

Beginner
X-108 Member
Punkte Reaktionen
Rufzeichen/Call
kd2hwd
I recently had an issue with my x108G outdoor version, Its from the later batch of units, It started with what I believe is the finals blowing when the antenna connector popped off the antenna. In am mode it will only light up one bar on the power when set to 20w, I also tried updating the firmware and now it will not even recieve. I used the latest version I could find on this site. Does anyone have the correct firmware or any other sites it can be downloaded from? It does sound like an am radio station on all frequencies except the ham bands, on those its dead

DO7PSL

Crack-Boarder
Teammitglied
X-108 Member
Punkte Reaktionen
Country
de
Website
do7psl.de
Verified User
YES
Rufzeichen/Call
DO7PSL
on my x108-outdoor (oled) there is the original firmware called: V.100.3a

in your case u can try this firmware -> for the x108-outdoor (with OLED display) -> X108G OLED FW V1.00 build019.xgf

and there is a older version too -> (outdoor_version_of_X108G_firmware_update_build015.rar)

maybe it helps Finger

Anhänge

• outdoor_version_of_X108G_firmware_update_build015.rar
    141,7 KB · Aufrufe: 4
  • X108G_OLED_FW_V1.00_build019.xgf_.zip
    129,9 KB · Aufrufe: 5

Eric S.

Beginner
X-108 Member
Punkte Reaktionen
Rufzeichen/Call
kd2hwd
Thankyou to the people who rached out to help me with my x108G , I did get the firmware updated, however it still would not recieve, I took it apart today to find many burn marks on components on the main board, so I suspect this was on borrowed time when i got it at the Orlando hamfest. I found atleast 6 parts with burn marks, sadly the board is no longer available .

Chris Wilson

Crack-Boarder
X-108 Member
Punkte Reaktionen
Rufzeichen/Call
VK2NAP
Thankyou to the people who rached out to help me with my x108G , I did get the firmware updated, however it still would not recieve, I took it apart today to find many burn marks on components on the main board, so I suspect this was on borrowed time when i got it at the Orlando hamfest. I found atleast 6 parts with burn marks, sadly the board is no longer available .
Send photos. It may be fixable.

I had that problem. Turned out it was a relay.
Someone else had burnt diodes in the SWR protection circuit.
The Mitsubishi RF Mosfets are pretty robust and will take a lot of abuse.
The radio is pretty simple, analog signal path and not much more complex than a uBitx.....but you don't have all the nice documentation and you're stuck with a bunch of surface mount devices.

I've traced issues using signals from my NanoVNA and tuned mag loop antennas to get things working again. So far I have found everything I needed to replace online from Mouser, Element 14 and a local supplier WES Components...all except the blue silicone buttons. They're illusive, so I just keep silver painting the contacts every 6 months

Users who are viewing this thread

Oben
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks