• /// x-108.com in a new style
    /// After more than 4 years it was time to update the forum to the latest version. We also decided on a new design...

x-108 bugs X108G Outdoor Bricked? (1 Viewer)

Isaac Moehrle

Beginner
X-108 Member
Punkte Reaktionen
Rufzeichen/Call
Kd7mjk
I was going through the FW update steps as follows
Hold Function button down
Power on
Radio displayed "Erasing Firmware"
Plugged in USB to copy the file
Windows 10 said USB device not recognized
Plugged and unplugged usb cable a few times with no luck
Restarted radio and it's bricked
HELLLLP!!!

DE KD7MJK

RfsimpleX

Beginner
X-108 Member
Punkte Reaktionen
Rufzeichen/Call
Kc3lec
Hi. I just did the same thing. But.. I got it back after a couple of tries. First verify your serial number and that you have the correct firmware. Mine is the outdoor version with the first digit being a 1 but within the range that had it's own update.
When you dl the file it is a zip file. You have to unpack it first and not install the zipped file onto the x108 like I did. Mine had to files one was a .pdf and the other was the firmware.
After I installed the wrong file the PC would not recognize the x108 drive properly. It would let me start the file but it was only loading fragments. I kept trying and powering off the x108 and the per supply. Finally use another PC and it took. There seem to be some guys here that understand this rig way better than me. Good luck. 73

cat63

Junior Boarder
X-108 Member
Punkte Reaktionen
Rufzeichen/Call
AC9YO
Hi! The same problems to upload the firmware. The cable was bad and finally I found a good one... But now, no audio. When I turn on the power the right LED on the microphone connector is yellow, I hear a crackling after 1 or 2 seconds and then nothing. When the SQL is 1 to 10 in all modes is a weak and smooth noise (audio amp internal noise probably) and and the volume works when I rotate the button. When the SQL is 0 I have a strong noise (as normal) in AM only. But no signal from outside. Also, I've checked with another receiver on some strong signals, nothing... The internal battery I found empty. I ordered a new one, still waiting couple of days. Something happens because with power connected in the transceiver when I turn off and then I turn on some configuration / settings are reset. Power is 20 W, another frequency, time... I am stuck...

Users who are viewing this thread

Oben
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks