• /// x-108.com in a new style
    /// After more than 4 years it was time to update the forum to the latest version. We also decided on a new design...

X-108 Info x108G with Windows 10 for Digital Modes (1 Viewer)

Nigel Barker

Beginner
X-108 Member
Punkte Reaktionen
Rufzeichen/Call
M0HZR
Hi

Just trying to set up my x108G with a Windows 10 laptop, pref to use with WSJT-X for FT8, but the 108G appears as an unknown device.

Guess I'll need to download the driver (once I've made 2 posts!).

I tried the ones from
but neither will install.

Nigel

Nigel Barker

Beginner
X-108 Member
Punkte Reaktionen
Rufzeichen/Call
M0HZR
For reference this is the error I get when I try to install :-

You must be registered for see images attach

Nigel Barker

Beginner
X-108 Member
Punkte Reaktionen
Rufzeichen/Call
M0HZR
Well, I have tried both sets of drivers, and I have uninstalled broken usb devices. Picking up a clue from another poster I got a small usb2 hub, plugged the x108G in via that and Bingo, it was seen, and I could control the rig from WSJT-X. Audio coming through fine, CAT test worked, excellent :) I can't remember why but I had to turn the x108G off, turned it back on, "unknown usb device", back to square 1. I have put the x108g, the usb2.0 hub, the usb soundcard and the micro usb cable plus the special adaptor cable in a box, on a shelf, out of sight. I suspect they will be discovered by my next of kin when they clear the house, as I have given up! I now have an Icom IC-7100, plugged in, came up immediately, no probs on FT8 - only ticks some of the boxes, but at least it does tick some!

Ian Watts

Beginner
X-108 Member
Punkte Reaktionen
Rufzeichen/Call
M7IWW
Hi Nigel-I'm just starting to play with setting up my X108G for digi. Can you tell me what USB driver you used for the radio?

Users who are viewing this thread

Oben
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks