X-108 Info Best rig control programs for X108G?

Discussion in 'X-108' started by KH6BE, Aug 20, 2016.

1. DD5LP

DD5LP Crack-Boarder X-108 Member

Top Poster Of Month

Home page:
    Ratings:
    +10 / 1 / -0
    Verified User:
    YES
    Rufzeichen/Call:
    DD5LP
    Good USB Cable:

Just as an aside, I have been trying different cables to connect my X108G to my And roid Smart phone to use PocketRxTx. Often needeing to have adapters as the connector on the phone is the new USB-C type not the old micro-USB and also as the Smart Phone has to see a line lifted in voltage in the usb-0C plug so that it knows to work as the "host" not the "client" (the so called OTG or On The Go function).

As I was getting interference from the smart-phone into the X108G receiver, I have tried different ferrite clamp-on and ferrite core solutions and longer and longer cables until the USB signals were lost. I found a plug-in board that does a good job of filtering RF noise but this is a board and two cables (one of them using an USB-Mini connector).

I was surpised when a couple of months ago, I came a cross a USB-C to USB-micro cable which was supposed to have OTG wired at the usb-c end. Well for 0.99 UK pence (Euro 1.15) including postage, I decided to order one. It took some time to come (from China) but I am very happy to announce that this cable works AND despite (or perhaps because of) its SHORT length doesn't seem to transfer the phone-noise into the X108G's receiver!

Here's a link to the cable on eBay.

Mobile Phones Connector OTG Cable USB Type-C Adapter Charger Cord Data Wire 6938630693207 | eBay

2. tscrim1

tscrim1 Chef-Boarder X-108 Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Rufzeichen/Call:
    4X1ST
    Ah, that makes sense. I will get the readings, but it might take a while. This weekend we have a field day, and then I'm travelling for work for a week. Added to that is the fact that the G90 doesn't have an RF gain control. I'll rig up an attenuator to get the S levels. What command do I need to send?

T.

3. DD5LP

DD5LP Crack-Boarder X-108 Member

Top Poster Of Month

Home page:
    Ratings:
    +10 / 1 / -0
    Verified User:
    YES
    Rufzeichen/Call:
    DD5LP
    Hi Tim,
    No need to set up an attentuator - just tune off the side of a signal until you get the various values on the S-meter on the G90. No RF gain control? That seems a bit satrange to me but I know SDRs are different.

You will need to send the command from a terminal program (by the way when v4 of PocketRxTx and JaREc are released Jarec has a terminal program built-in exactly for this use. I use the windows program "RealTerm" at the moment but any character based terminal program will do.

The X108G and hence I hope the G90 is auto-speed sensing on the USB port but for the other settings use 8N1.

The command (without the commas) is FE,FE,70,E0,15,02,FD (this is to be sent in Hex Mode).
    The rig will return 9 characters and it's the 8th character that we are interested in.

73 Ed.

4. DO1HFS

DO1HFS Beginner X-108 Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Rufzeichen/Call:
    DO1HFS
    I use for Remote-Control the RCForb Software. As Radio use the ICOM IC7000 Settings.