• /// x-108.com in a new style
    /// After more than 4 years it was time to update the forum to the latest version. We also decided on a new design...

New radio file to control G90 using PocketRxTx (1 Viewer)

DD5LP

Crack-Boarder
X-108 Member
Punkte Reaktionen
Website
www.vk2ji.com
Verified User
YES
Rufzeichen/Call
DD5LP
I've just put up a test G90 (v2) configuration on the pocketRxTx central repository - if anyone reading this post has a Xiegu G90, and are trying to control it remotely, either via USB, Bluetooth, LAN or WAN could you please load the new config file through the app and test the following functions to see if they are now working please (I don't have a G90, only an X108G):
New 3W power option (used to drive the Chinese 50/70/100W power amplifiers)
AGC - according to the chart supplied this feature appears to use a different setting on the G90 to the X108G.
ATU (NEW) - on/off/tune.
Speech Compressor (NEW) - on/off
Noise Blanker (NEW) - on/off
Squelch slider, when Pre-amp turned on (doesn't work on X108G may be fixed on G90).
Tuning step (location of the cursor in the display) - works on X108G but not listed as an option on the G90 CiV command sheet so might not work on G90.
SWR values shown - presently calibrated for the X108G - may be way off in the G90.

73 Ed DD5LP / G8GLM / VK2JI.

P.S. - in case you don't know, the PocketRxTx program is an An-Droid Smart Phone App which is available as a free version (with adverts and some features restricted) or a full version for about €5 via the Google play store.

It allows the remote control of a vast range of amateur radio transceivers and allows the user to customise the interface how they want it.
Here's a link to the free version to try:

DD5LP

Crack-Boarder
X-108 Member
Punkte Reaktionen
Website
www.vk2ji.com
Verified User
YES
Rufzeichen/Call
DD5LP
Just a short note at this point. I have bought myself a G90 as my X108G is being repaired and I decided that it was time.
I will be working on fully testing the G90 radio file for the PocketRxTx Android remote control software now that I have my own G90.
One heads-up for anyone buying a G90 - the cable that is currently supplied with the rig to go from the 3.5mm jack on the head unit to your PC's USB port uses an FTDI chipset NOT a Prometric one as is written at some points on the web. The FTDI site has drivers for the latest versions of Windows, Linux and MACOS, here:
On Windows 10, make sure you "install" (i.e. load) the driver files before connecting the cable.
73 for now. Ed DD5LP.

sam ted

Beginner
X-108 Member
Punkte Reaktionen
Rufzeichen/Call
kf6vik
I've just put up a test G90 (v2) configuration on the pocketRxTx central repository - if anyone reading this post has a Xiegu G90, and are trying to control it remotely, either via USB, Bluetooth, LAN or WAN could you please load the new config file through the app and test the following functions to see if they are now working please (I don't have a G90, only an X108G):
New 3W power option (used to drive the Chinese 50/70/100W power amplifiers)
AGC - according to the chart supplied this feature appears to use a different setting on the G90 to the X108G.
ATU (NEW) - on/off/tune.
Speech Compressor (NEW) - on/off
Noise Blanker (NEW) - on/off
Squelch slider, when Pre-amp turned on (doesn't work on X108G may be fixed on G90).
Tuning step (location of the cursor in the display) - works on X108G but not listed as an option on the G90 CiV command sheet so might not work on G90.
SWR values shown - presently calibrated for the X108G - may be way off in the G90.

73 Ed DD5LP / G8GLM / VK2JI.

P.S. - in case you don't know, the PocketRxTx program is an An-Droid Smart Phone App which is available as a free version (with adverts and some features restricted) or a full version for about €5 via the Google play store.

It allows the remote control of a vast range of amateur radio transceivers and allows the user to customise the interface how they want it.
Here's a link to the free version to try:
Hi Ed, I tried using prxtx for my g90 set over network. I can control, hear, and key the rig. PTT on my phone only makes the rig xmit pops and scratches and doesn't seem to show any output along with my voice inflections. I have tried editing the internal and external audio settings. Nothing helps. Any ideas? Thanks! BTW, turning phone into landscape turns off atu and vice versa.

Users who are viewing this thread

Oben
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks