• /// x-108.com in a new style
    /// After more than 4 years it was time to update the forum to the latest version. We also decided on a new design...

FAQ X108G and WSJT-X (1 Viewer)

Danilo

Beginner
X-108 Member
Punkte Reaktionen
Rufzeichen/Call
IK1YPH
Hello, hope this helping who try to use Xiegu X108G with WSJT-X software, if the mini usb port doesn't work.
Thanks to Chris for help :)

Q.
what connection did you use between the radio and the computer?
A. A mini usb cable for computer control. (the mini usb cable may not work...)
If the mini usb port is broken on X108G, you can try the Digimode-2 ..
The Digimode has a sound card on the cable so no need to use computer to feed audio to and from the X108G.
Q. Where i connect the Digimode-2 cable ?
A. The Digimode-2 work with a 6pin ACC on the rear of the X108G. Please verify the ACC must be 6pin (with 8 pin version, doesn't work)
Q. Wich driver you use with Digimon-2 ?
A. driver with the Digimon-2 is a FTDI or something like that. (FTDI driver also exists for MAC OSX)
Q. Please can you share your WSJT-X radio settings ?
A. Yes you can find attached to this post :)

Make note of what port the x108g is using then change setting to match. If your x108g mini usb port doesn't work, you can use digimode-2 with NO computer control.
Manually tune x108g to frequency then WSJT is able to control the x108g rx/tx but can NOT change frequency

IMPORTANT: be very careful with mini usb port on back of radio. Only held on by flash weld. No stud post welded to board..

Best regards and 73's de IK1YPH Danilo

Anhänge

• WSJT-X-settings.jpg
    WSJT-X-settings.jpg
    45,6 KB · Aufrufe: 20

dweatherly

Beginner
X-108 Member
Punkte Reaktionen
Rufzeichen/Call
N5DDW
I have an indoor version of the X108 and have it working with WSJT-X. One thing I have found is that rig control is picky about the USB cable that is used. If your radio is not working with the PC, try a different USB cable or the one that came with the radio.
I then choose IC-7000 as the radio type and WSJT-X can then read or set the frequency from the radio for logging or changing bands.
PTT is done through a special interface cable that was built to allow working digital modes with the X108 indoor version as there is no PTT over USB on this older model. This is basically a USB serial adapter that can trigger the PTT with COM port settings.

ve7tmz

Junior Boarder
X-108 Member
Punkte Reaktionen
Rufzeichen/Call
ve7tmz
Any recommendations as to input/output volumes for digi modes? New to the x108g.

Users who are viewing this thread

Oben
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks