X-108 Info update the xiegu X-108G

Discussion in 'X-108' started by admin, Nov 18, 2016.

1. Chris Wilson

Chris Wilson Chef-Boarder X-108 Member

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Rufzeichen/Call:
    VK2NAP
    Quick update. Reseating the ribbon cable between the RF board and the top board has fixed the Keying problem, however I still have no power to speak of

2. Krazypcs

Krazypcs Junior Boarder X-108 Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Rufzeichen/Call:
    M6HTF
    Did you make a note of the settings in the main menu first. Some of the values may be incorrect.

3. Chris Wilson

Chris Wilson Chef-Boarder X-108 Member

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Rufzeichen/Call:
    VK2NAP
    I'll admit I didnt, however I expect that these have just factory defaulted anyway as the CMOS backup battery was flat. I have replaced it and it now remembers settings. AFAIK they are required to align the radio in relation to the filters and such, rather than the old trimmer to tweak the crystal oscillator.

So I am still getting RF output, that I can hear on another receiver, and its roughly on frequency, but no power.
    When I get a moment, I will pull it all down, pop off the amp shielding, and check the output FETs

Neither of my local suppliers, WES and Element 14 / Farnell stock the devices, but there are plenty listed on eBay. How many are genuine, and how many are "Fake News" is yet to be determined.

Element 14 however, has a whole selection of RF MOSFETs from a few watts to a few KW. Once I pop the covers off, I'll start looking around