• /// x-108.com in a new style
    /// After more than 4 years it was time to update the forum to the latest version. We also decided on a new design...

X-108 Info update the xiegu X-108G (1 Viewer)

Elmar

Junior Boarder
X-108 Member
Punkte Reaktionen
Rufzeichen/Call
DH0GME
Just found out, that the TRX is only found by my WIN 10 PC, if the USB cable is very short.....
Strange but now its visible as external drive...

BR
Elmar

DD5LP

Crack-Boarder
X-108 Member
Punkte Reaktionen
Website
www.vk2ji.com
Verified User
YES
Rufzeichen/Call
DD5LP
Just found out, that the TRX is only found by my WIN 10 PC, if the USB cable is very short.....
Strange but now its visible as external drive...

BR
Elmar

Hi Elmar,

There are longer USB cables that are not data cables - they often come with smartphones and only intended as power cables to charge the phone. There is no way I have found to differentiate a long power only cable from a data cable. I have had USB cables that were labelled as or data transfer but used such thin wire that the voltage drop down the cable was enough to stop Comms from working.

73 Ed.

Elmar

Junior Boarder
X-108 Member
Punkte Reaktionen
Rufzeichen/Call
DH0GME
Hi Ed,
I'm sure the first longer cable was a "real" one, but thin & a low quality type - I've seen here in a discussion others having the same issue, but as I've had a similar "ghost effect" some time ago, I instantly grabbed a short cable and then the update worked smoothly ( as soon I've noticed, that I first had to delete the old image before downloading the new one HI )
You can check if D+ and D- are routed through the cable, but in my case, the issue was, that the PC detects the device, wants to access the descripting object, and fails instancing the correct driver. A short cable solved that at a glance!
( BTW this issue often happens with external HDD's via USB, when cables or connectors are long used and weared out!)

Thank's for picking up this issue!

73 de Elmar | DH0GME

cat63

Junior Boarder
X-108 Member
Punkte Reaktionen
Rufzeichen/Call
AC9YO
Hello!
Any chance to find firmware for CS108G+ ? Serial CX100xx

Dirk Esterlin

Beginner
X-108 Member
Punkte Reaktionen
Rufzeichen/Call
kg8jk
Just got the x108g (blue buttons so I think it's the indoor version). The CW keyer creates unwanted extra characters. Does the firmware update fix that?

Users who are viewing this thread

Oben
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks