• /// x-108.com in a new style
    /// After more than 4 years it was time to update the forum to the latest version. We also decided on a new design...

X-108 Info Xiegu X-108G Outdoor QRP-Transceiver - files and mods (1 Viewer)

sq8aqx

Junior Boarder
X-108 Member
Punkte Reaktionen
Rufzeichen/Call
sq8aqx
I have x108G, serial number X11499.
What version of the software can I upload?

flashrom

Junior Boarder
X-108 Member
Punkte Reaktionen
Verified User
YES
Rufzeichen/Call
ve7et
My SN is CXG110xx so this should be the right one. But I am hoping for some more info about this firmware update. I downloaded the zip file but there is no release note in it, nor could I find any info about it from xiegu.eu (they have no X108G files at all!), or anywhere else. (I bought mine from CSI in California years ago.)

Hope it has some good improvements and I will update mine. If it's very minor then I won't bother.

Thanks for the info about this new update. I am wondering why Xiegu does not publish this publicly? They are indeed a little strange.

Ignacio

Crack-Boarder
X-108 Member
Punkte Reaktionen
Rufzeichen/Call
TI3IES
I suppose they are bug fixes within the initial software, in rare cases what they saw was the antenna analyzer, but only if the equipment did not have it installed, which today is unlikely, it was only in the first units manufactured for that purpose, 2015 I guess.

I had the original software, from 2016 and when I uploaded it, it appeared with a date of 2017, it corrected a strange noise when I pressed the PTT but over time it appeared again, it must be a hardware problem or something in the microphone.

Ignacio

Crack-Boarder
X-108 Member
Punkte Reaktionen
Rufzeichen/Call
TI3IES
Hello. I have installed this version X108G_OLED_FW_V2.00.1_build011(Last version sent to me from Xiegu 2022-08-14) in my radio, labeled CXG10--- and it did not work, the equipment does not turn on so I went back to the version X108G_OLED_FW_V2.00.1 _build006(26M)

Greetings

ve7tmz

Junior Boarder
X-108 Member
Punkte Reaktionen
Rufzeichen/Call
ve7tmz
Hello. I have installed this version X108G_OLED_FW_V2.00.1_build011(Last version sent to me from Xiegu 2022-08-14) in my radio, labeled CXG10--- and it did not work, the equipment does not turn on so I went back to the version X108G_OLED_FW_V2.00.1 _build006(26M)

Greetings
Did you end up with a bricked X108G? Was it just a matter of loading the known good version - same process?

cat63

Junior Boarder
X-108 Member
Punkte Reaktionen
Rufzeichen/Call
AC9YO
I bought a bricked CS108G+ with serial CS 100xx I've tried several version of firmware. Black screen less when I start with pushed knob and display info for upload firmware. Not sure what is a good firmware version and where I find it or there is an issue too.

NIIO11

Beginner
X-108 Member
Punkte Reaktionen
Rufzeichen/Call
Hey Guys,
I just found a guy who selling original OLED replacement for Xiegu X-108G_OLED on Ali.
I wonder if the reason for the dimming of the brightness is that the life of the OLED has expired.
Can replacing it with a new OLED solve the problem?
Many people on the Internet said that the OLED dimming problem was eventually solved by replacing the OLED.
I wonder who would be willing to try it?

Ignacio

Crack-Boarder
X-108 Member
Punkte Reaktionen
Rufzeichen/Call
TI3IES
Hello, I replaced it with this spare part, it has a slightly longer strap which helps to be able to plug it into the socket, the excess strap can only be folded behind the screen without problems.

NIIO11

Beginner
X-108 Member
Punkte Reaktionen
Rufzeichen/Call
Thank you very much for the recommendation, I will compare it.

Ignacio

Crack-Boarder
X-108 Member
Punkte Reaktionen
Rufzeichen/Call
TI3IES

Look at this post made by ON5FM, there is a PDF file with information that can guide you, that's what I did.

NIIO11

Beginner
X-108 Member
Punkte Reaktionen
Rufzeichen/Call
You are so awesome.

NIIO11

Beginner
X-108 Member
Punkte Reaktionen
Rufzeichen/Call
Thank you very much for your reply.
But after comparison, I found that the alternative I saw yesterday was cheaper and specified a certain product type.
So, I decided to give it a try in the hope that my problem can be effectively solved.

Ignacio

Crack-Boarder
X-108 Member
Punkte Reaktionen
Rufzeichen/Call
TI3IES
Thank you very much for your reply.
But after comparison, I found that the alternative I saw yesterday was cheaper and specified a certain product type.
So, I decided to give it a try in the hope that my problem can be effectively solved.
With great pleasure.

There are indeed other options, you just have to look a little deeper and you will undoubtedly find what you need, it is a great advantage to have the spare parts on hand. Many successes!

Users who are viewing this thread

Oben
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks